Brain Power Oil
Exodus II Oil
Juva Cleanse Oil
Peace & Calming Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Peppermint (Mentha piperita)Botanical Family: Lamiaceae or Labiatae (mint)
Historical Data: Alleged to be part of the "Marseilles Vinegar" or "Four Thieves Vinegar" used by grave-robbing bandits to protect themselves during the 15th century plague. A highly regarded digestive stimulant.
Medical Properties: Anti-inflammatory, antitumoral, antiparasitic (worms), antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, gallbladder/ digestive stimulant, pain-relieving, pain-reliever, curbs appetite.
USES: Rheumatism/arthritis, respiratory infections (pneumonia, tuberculosis, etc), obesity, viral infections (Herpes simplex, herpes zoster, cold sores, human papilloma virus etc.), fungal infections/Candida, digestive problems, headaches, nausea, skin conditions (itchy skin, varicose veins, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis), scoliosis/lumbago/back problems.
Fragrant Influence: Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint's effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint's role in affecting impaired taste and smell when inhaled, ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy by 28%, ability to directly affect the brain's satiety center, which triggers a sense of fullness after meals, stimulation of the brain's satiety center (ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus) to curb appetite, When inhaled, it improves/restores sense of taste by stimulating the trigeminal nerve, and blocked headache pain in a double-blind placebo-controlled cross-over study.
Dilute 1 part EO with 2 parts VO; (1) apply 1-2 drops on location, abdomen, temples (2) chakras/vitaflex points, (3) directly inhale, (4) diffuse, or (5) take as dietary supplement (see Appendices E & T). To improve concentration, alertness, and memory, place 1-2 drops on the tongue. Inhale 5-10 times a day to curb appetite.
Cautions: Avoid contact with eyes, mucus membranes, sensitive skin, fresh wounds or burns. Not for infants younger than 18 months of age. When using PO on body you can dilute with and carrier oil such as YLEO V6, 1st cold press Olive or Coconut Oil. If you ever us PO and it is to hot apply one of those oils and it will cool it down.
1. Inhaling the fragrance of PO may help in curbing the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat and or other cravings.
2. Adding a drop of PO to hot or cold water will help aid digestion and nausea, and taste good.
3. Add PO to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
4. Rubbing 4-6 drops with carrier oil in the palm and rubbing over stomach can help relieve occasional indigestion, flatulence, diarrhea, nausea, and motion sickness.
5. Massaging several drops of PO on an area of injury can help to reduce tenderness and sooth joints.
6. Rubbing several drops of PO on the bottoms of the feet help lower high temperature. or across neck for hot flashes.
7. For head ach or sinus problems 1. rub a drop of PO on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck. 2. place a drop of PO on the tongue and hold to ruff of mouth. 3. inhale into the nose for sinuses relief/stuffiness.
8. Use 2 drops of PO on the tongue & rubbing another drop under the nose will help improve alertness & concentration.
9. Diffusing PO in the room while studying may help to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhaling PO, when taking a test, may help in improving recall.
10. Placing a drop of PO on the tongue may help in stopping bad breath.
11. Applying a drop of PO topically on unbroken skin may help to stop itching. Even for poison ivy or poison oak.
12. Inhaling PO before and during a workout will help boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
13. Applying a drop of PO on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck) may be beneficial in helping to stop hiccups.
14. Mixing Peppermint oil in a footbath may help relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
15. Adding 4 drops of PO to 4oz. of water and spray on plants may help get rid of aphids.
16. Applying a drop of PO on a tick to help removal it. Wait for it to unhedge its head and remove from your pet.
17. To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place 2 drops of PO on a cotton ball & place along the path or point of entry.
It is not the intention of Living Balanced to provide specific medical advice, but rather to share research and experience. Living Balanced hopes that one may better understand their health and or their diagnosed disorders. Living Balanced encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.