White Chicken Chili
1 med onion, chopped
3 T olive oil
One 4 oz can chopped green chilies, drained
3 T flour
2 t ground cumin
Two 15.8oz cans Northern Beans
1–3/4 chicken broth
2 c chopped cooked chicken
1. In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent.
2. Add chilies, flour and cumin, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add beans and chicken broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 10 min. or until thickened.
4. Add chicken; cook until hot.
To serve: add dollop of sour cream, cheese and salsa
Chicken and Veggie Pie
1 - 1/3 c brown rice
3 Tbsp. (first cold press olive oil)
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salt & pepper
1 onion finely chopped
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 - 10oz pkg. spinach, thawed, dry (I like to use broccoli instead)
2 t finely chopped rosemary (I prefer thyme)
1 rotisserie chicken, cut into 1/2 cubes (or 2 generous cups diced chicken)
2-1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small saucepan, combine the rice with 1-1/3 cups water. Cover and simmer over medium-high heat until the water is absorbed, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool.
Brush the sides of a 9-inch pie pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. In a medium bowl, combine the cooled rice, parmesan cheese, egg and a pinch of pepper. Using lightly oiled fingers or a rubber spatula, press the rice mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a large, heavy skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the spinach and rosemary, season with salt and big time pepper and cook for 5 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the chicken and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
Lower the oven to 375°. Fill the crust with the chicken-vegetable filling, leaving a 1-inch border at the top of the crust. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1-1/4 cups cheddar cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Almond Turkey Stir-Fry
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 (15oz.) can chicken broth (no MSG)
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
1 Tbsp. real maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
2 bay leaves
1 lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage (no MSG)
1/2 lb. hot Italian turkey sausage (no MSG)
2 tablespoons first cold press olive oil
3 cups chopped celery
2 cup shredded carrot
2 red bell pepper diced
1-1/2 cup chopped onion
1-1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1-1/2 cup sliced green onion
6 garlic clove, minced or more =)
1-1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Hot cooked rice
In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a nonstick skillet, fry turkey sausage in 2 teaspoons hot oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry the celery, carrot, red pepper, onion, mushrooms, green onions and garlic in remaining oil until crisp-tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add browned turkey sausage; heat through. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove bay leaves. Sprinkle with almonds. Mix in cooked rice if desired. Cool, and freeze.
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup raw honey
1 1/2 teaspoons celtic salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 tablespoon paprika
2 to 3 medium to large cloves of garlic
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 pinch cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1. Whisk together lime juice, vinegar, orange juice, wine, and honey in a bowl until the honey dissolves. Add salt, pepper, chipotle powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, cinnamon, oregano, cumin, ginger, red pepper flakes, cayenne, and olive oil; whisk to mix. Place chicken breasts into a resealable plastic bag, pour in marinade, and coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 days.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade. Cook chicken on the preheated grill approximately 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear and there are no signs of pink in the meat.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
1 cup chopped onion
1-1/2 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil (first cold press)
1-1/2 pounds organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (sprinkled with seasoned salt or onion salt)
1 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups chopped carrots
6 celery, chopped
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup organic butter
1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoon celtic salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1-1/2 cups rice dream (or milk of choice)
1–1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 pound whole wheat noodles, cooked and drained
1. In a large nonstick skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink. Add the broth, carrots, celery, thyme & salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over chicken mixture. Add noodles; mix well.
Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
Quick & Easy Turkey Sausage
1# ground turkey (or beef or buffalo)
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 - 1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small onion chopped
Mix all ingredients together and brown in skillet. This is excellent for breakfast patties, spaghetti and lasagna! Get creative!! If you're into zest add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper!
If you would like to submit a recipe to be tested and posted on this website please feel free to contact us.